Suspender skirts are named as such for their long strips of material that comes over the top and fasten, usually via buttons, at the midriff. They began in the thirties, enjoyed much popularity in the forties, and faded out of fashion a few decades later.Long trousers were made in this suspender style too. They are harder to find, but some wonderful reproductions exist, like this one from Jitterbuggin.I imagine this was, once upon a time, a favorite to dance in. It’s a circle skirt and begs to be twirled in.Worn with a 1950s cashmere sweater, 1940s necklace, and Marni shoes from a couple of years ago.
- newly listed! ♥ vintage 1960s dress / 60s mod dress / Peppermint Twist ♥ etsy.me/16V91jR via @Etsy 8 hours ago
- ♥ vintage deep green Pringle cashmere sweater ♥ etsy.me/11AWpJo via @Etsy 1 day ago
- ♥ vintage 1950s two-piece dress / Southwest Stroll ♥ etsy.me/10yGTvK via @Etsy 1 day ago
- ♥ vintage 1940s platform shoes / 40s sandals / Brown Betty ♥ etsy.me/10C7RCI via @Etsy 1 day ago
- ♥ vintage 1960s dress / 60s party dress / Lemon Chiffon ♥ etsy.me/ZcAW70 via @Etsy 1 day ago