Suspender skirts are named as such for their long strips of material that comes over the top and fasten, usually via buttons, at the midriff. They began in the thirties, enjoyed much popularity in the forties, and faded out of fashion a few decades later.Long trousers were made in this suspender style too. They are harder to find, but some wonderful reproductions exist, like this one from Jitterbuggin.I imagine this was, once upon a time, a favorite to dance in. It’s a circle skirt and begs to be twirled in.Worn with a 1950s cashmere sweater, 1940s necklace, and Marni shoes from a couple of years ago.
- A working gal's lunch. instagram.com/p/ZtPIMxtSyy/ 10 hours ago
- ♥ vintage Pendleton shirt / red plaid board shirt ♥ etsy.me/V8mhZU via @Etsy 12 hours ago
- ♥ vintage 1980s rainbow cap toe shoes ♥ etsy.me/IqJduI via @Etsy 12 hours ago
- newly listed! ♥ vintage 1950s sweater / 50s cardigan / Fire and Ice ♥ etsy.me/16Va5Et via @Etsy 12 hours ago
- newly listed! ♥ vintage 1960s dress / 60s mod dress / Peppermint Twist ♥ etsy.me/16V91jR via @Etsy 1 day ago